As of the 2021-22 school year, Khan Lab School has two campuses. The Lower & Middle Schools (K-8) are located in Palo Alto, while the High School remains in Mountain View. See our Campus Transition FAQ for more information about our move.
We welcome you to read through our most frequently asked questions below for additional information about our school, our Lower and Middle School programs and the admissions process.
- How is KLS different from traditional schools? What does it mean to be a "lab school"?
- Do KLS students receive transcripts?
- How do you group students? What are Independence Levels (ILs)?
- Tell me more about mastery-based, personalized, and blended learning.
- How much time do KLS students spend on technology?
- Is KLS a gifted school?
- Can students graduate faster at KLS than at a traditional school?
- Do you admit students only at certain grades?
- Is there a waiting list?
- Do you accept mid-year transfer students?
- What does the calendar look like in a year-round school model?
- How long is the school day?
- What is the tuition?
- Do you have a hot lunch program?
- Do you have sports opportunities?