We aim to empower each student with the right combination of knowledge, skills, and experiences to fully engage in the world and create their own meaning in it. As educators we strive to “get out of our own way” and follow our students' curiosity and passion as a guide for how to engage them in academic rigor. We believe in fully preparing students so they have options that matter to them as well as the tools of discernment to navigate their own life choices. As a community we learn together and are committed to empowering each other in continued growth and reflection.
- What are the age requirements?
- What do you look for in a student, and who does well at KLS?
- Do you admit students only at certain grades?
- Is there a waiting list?
- How is KLS different from traditional schools? What does it mean to be a "lab school"?
- Do KLS students receive transcripts?
- How long is the school day?
- How long is the school year?
- What is the tuition?
- Tell me more about mastery-based, personalized, and blended learning.
- Is KLS a gifted school?
- Can students graduate faster at KLS than at a traditional school?
- Do you have a hot lunch program?
- Do you have sports opportunities?
Have a question that wasn't answered on this page? We're happy to help.
Or call us at 650-557-3334