- Educator Resource
- Lower School
Thank you for your interest in Khan Lab School. We are an independent school affiliated with Khan Academy. Our extended-year, extended-day, mixed-age program focuses on collaborative, project-based learning. Because our approach is mastery-based, we do not have homework or traditional letter grades, and we group students based on their level of independence. Many educators are also interested in our use of blended learning and our unique and open learning space.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate Educator Tour requests at this time.
The One World Schoolhouse
The One World Schoolhouse: Education Reimagined is a 2013 book by our founder, Sal Khan, in which he presents his radical vision for the future of education. The book discusses:
- How both students and teachers are being bound by a broken top-down model invented in Prussia two centuries ago
- Why technology will make classrooms more human and teachers more important
- How and why we can afford to pay educators the same as other professionals
- How we can bring creativity and true human interactivity back to learning
- Why we should be very optimistic about the future of learning.
Khan Lab School is based on the ideas presented in this book. The One World Schoolhouse is available from Amazon and other booksellers.
Students describe what it's like to learn and grow at Khan Lab School.